Turbo Timer Install - US Lancer Turbo
by Robert Tallini on 5/4/2003
Turbo Timer Install
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Wire Stripers
- A splice connector
- 95-99(2nd Gen) Eclipse Harness
- Some Zip ties
- On the steering wheel column you値l need to remove the 3 Phillips screws underneath and separate the upper plastic and lower plastic covers.The bottom cover will just slip off the ignition switch.
- On the left side of the column at the end of the ignition switch you値l see the connector.Disconnect it and use the 95-99 eclipse harness.
- Connect the male ends to the female ends and then connect the Turbo Timers wiring harness to the other connection on the 95-99 eclipse harness.
- Then run the Turbo Timer harness along the column on the same path the stock wiring is placed and tuck the rest under the dash.
- Replace top and bottom halves of column and re-install/tighten Phillips screws.
- Now figure out where you want to mount the timer.Once mounted you can plug in the timer to the harness.
- The turbo connects to the emergency brake (e-brake) to prevent theft and as a safety to remind you to engage the brake in order to prevent the car from rolling.
- To connect the harness to the e-brake, first identify the right wire according to the instructions.Then you値l need to remove the two Phillips screws located in the bottom of the center console storage area.
- The rest of the console is secured via clips that give when pulled up on.You値l need to pull the console up and forward slipping it over the e-brake.
- After doing this you値l see the wiring/connector to the e-brake.It is only one wire.Just splice into it connecting the wiring harness wire as well.
- Zip-tie all your wires out of the way and out of any danger of getting hit or cut.
- Replace the center console (reverse of removal) and you can now follow the instructions included with the Timer for proper setup.
Enjoy your new timer!
© Copyright 2001-2003 evolutionm.net, All Rights Reserved.
8 database queries total
Execution time = 0.014471 seconds